Dear Whole Me



In December of 2014, I journeyed through my brokenness here on my blog. Women all over the world shared their stories of brokenness and how God had radically transformed their lives. After speaking with one of the Sister Circle Leaders of Wives in Waiting she expressed her desire to close that chapter and write letters to our "whole" selves. So, please feel free to share your letters with me through the end of 2015 as we chronicle our journeys to wholeness. Here's mine:

Dear Whole Me,

Perfection was never the goal. No matter how tempting it was to tip toe to being perfect, you have found rest in knowing that’s what you will never be. Even being “complete” isn’t what you’re trying to achieve because that won’t happen until Christ returns for us, His bride. You see, wholeness is what you’ve achieved. And THAT is so much better than any false sense of perfection or completion. You know you are becoming the woman God had in mind when He created and that’s enough.

As you have grown over the last year, you have been taken deeper in your relationship with God. The moment you realized that the process of discovering Him will never end, you inched closer to being whole. When you surrendered to God’s plan for your life, you found contentment in whatever process He would take you through to get where He was calling you. You stopped resisting the “hard” things and dove in head first because of your commitment to Him. You learned that ministry means nothing if you aren’t confident in who He says are you. In God, you are whole and you are enough.

Wholeness is something that eluded you for so long because you didn’t even know that’s what you should have been pursuing. But when you found it, you decided to leave everything behind that didn’t help you achieve that goal. You’ve had to continue to die to yourself each day to remain your sense of wholeness. You’ve come to realize that as soon as you get caught up in anything except Christ, HOLENESS is what you achieve instead of WHOLENESS. Before you became whole, you walked around trying to fill the holes in your heart instead of going to God to be made whole.

You learned that being “saved” wasn’t the same as being whole. God sent His Son to die on your behalf. You gave your soul to Him, destined to spend an eternity with Him but life wasn’t everything it should be because there were still pieces missing. It was in the fullness of who God says you are that you could see yourself the way He does. He doesn’t define you as ministry leader, wife, mother, daughter, sister, or friend. He sees you as whole and holy, acceptable and righteous. You didn’t have to continue to prove who you were because God had already solidified that when He called you His. When you look in the mirror you can repeat Song of Solomon 2:16 with confidence “My beloved is mine, and I am his; he grazes among the lilies.”

As you and your husband embark on this journey to fertility, fear, doubt, anger, sadness, and frustration may creep in but that doesn’t change the work the Holy Spirit has done on your heart. You remind yourself that whatever condition your reproductive system may be in: wounded, broken, or dysfunctional, it has to line up with God’s description of who you are: WHOLE! You have worked too hard to become whole to let something you’ve avoided, change your mind about you. You will not conform to the standards the world has set because you have decided to renew your mind in Christ.

You know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you have been made whole. That doesn’t mean that your journey is finished, but today is a day to proclaim victory over brokenness because of the power of Christ that dwells within you. There is nothing or no one that can take away the healing that has taken place in your body, soul, and spirit. Remind yourself of who you used to be and applaud who you are. Not because you are so great but because the strength of the Lord was made perfect while you were broken. In your wholeness, walk in the authority that you’ve been given.

Wholeness looks good on you girl!!!!

With All My Love,
Whole, But Still Growing

AKA- Mrs. Truscott

Comments

  1. Dear Whole Me,

    I was deathly afraid to meet you, so much so, I chose to listen to Satan's lies that you didn't exist. It was easier to believe him, than fight for a solution my mind could not envision. I stopped waiting for you, and made a way to live life without you. I appeared to do an awesome job of creating a balanced life, until everything I used to fill the void of not having you was stripped away. Piece by piece, each foundational support I erected was removed, and my 'strong tower' collapsed. I blamed others for leaving; blamed God for making me broken, and blamed myself for being foolish in thinking I could continue to grow without you.

    In the midst of hurt, confusion and frustration, I surprisingly began to long to know you. I began to hope for more and press desperately through my rubble toward a little light. As I pressed, I found joy, peace, prayer and a new praise. I ultimately found you, unashamed, waiting for me on the other side of my self destruction.

    I thank God, for restoring our relationship and reminding me that I was never designed to live life without you. I thank Him for taking the time to remind me that He was the only one that could reunite us, and that he will always make a way in the wilderness, and provide rivers in my dry places.

    Looking forward to growing old together.

    Love always,
    #DearWholeMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God for restoration and healing in your wholeness

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts