UFO Sighting




UFO’s are foreign to most people and sought-after by some. I don’t mean aliens, I’m talking about Unexpected Faith Opportunities. Those times in your life when something happens and you have to choose to have faith or fall into a lull of focusing on what could go wrong.

This journey to fertility has been full of UFO’s for my husband and me, but I will admit that we haven’t always viewed them that way. When we got some unsettling news, there would be times that I would accept the reports of the doctors or opinions of other people. I would become discouraged and think “why me?” I would get so caught up in the feelings of being a victim that I couldn’t see the victory that God had already promised. Instead of exercising my faith, I would allow fear to become the biggest factor. When you can’t see past your fear, your faith becomes nonexistent. Truthfully, that’s why I would bring a screeching halt to our journey so many times. Something would happen that would make me afraid so I would stop. Allowing my fear to have more power over me than my faith.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

When we decided to start our engine on this journey once again last year, I prepared myself for what I thought would be challenges along the way. I gave myself a pep talk and all the “atta girls” I needed to be prepared for what we might have to endure.

The first appointment shattered everything I thought I was ready for. Not just because the news was “bad” but because there was no faith attached to my pep talks. I didn’t equip myself with the Word of God, only my “courage” which was founded in nothing. That appointment rocked me to my core until I realized I was on the brink of a UFO. This news was an unexpected opportunity to exercise my faith but I was looking through the wrong lens. See, the thing is, although I missed my opportunity in that appointment, the next one would be right around the corner.

The news in our most recent appointments has not improved but our perspective has. This time, we took the opportunity by the horns and allowed it to take us deeper.

Hebrews 11: 6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

We’ve decided to tackle these concerns with our faith. We hear what the doctors are saying, we are using wisdom, but our faith is at the forefront. Understand that faith is a difference-maker even when you have to use it in at an unexpected time. Times of tragedy requires faith that you never thought you had. When doctors are telling you that what you’re believing God for us impossible and that your health is much worse than they originally thought, take advantage of your UFO. Don’t let fear and the unknown rob you of the opportunity to believe your known God.

During this portion of our journey, I know we have to let our faith do the talking because anything else is dangerous to the direction we’re going in. We’re willing to capture the UFO, are you?

With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts