Trust Me




Trust is one of those things we all take for granted until it is lost or broken. When you hear people say “you don’t miss a good thing until it’s gone”, trust should definitely be something that falls into that category. It should be handled with care but sometimes we don’t realize how important trust is to every relationship with have. Have you ever been cheated on, disappointed, or lied to? Yes? Then you know exactly what I mean.

Our relationship with God is solely built on trust. In order to be in a successful relationship with Him, you have to trust Him. You have to trust that He will stay faithful to the promises He’s made to you. Even when your heart is broken, you have to place your trust in Him. That is one of the most difficult things about a relationship with God. You are trusting Him with your future, even if your past was rocky. Our nature, as human beings, is almost always to compare what things were like when we only placed our trust in ourselves. Before we gave God our hearts, we were fully capable of believing we had our own best interests at heart. Why? Because we knew ourselves. We know what we’re capable and incapable of doing. We know our limits and we think we have full control over what happens in our lives. Until the moment comes where you realize all of that is a lie. Even when you place your trust in yourself, you don’t have control over other people and the decisions they make. You still leave yourself helpless to the motives of people.

Numbers 23:19 God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

The struggle that we have is that we don’t trust people we CAN see, so how can we trust an Omnipresent God that we CAN’T see. One the journey to fertility, we hear the doctor’s reports, we read the blogs, we may even see some of our friends become pregnant or give birth, but we’re expected to continue to trust with the process when He doesn’t seem to be very trustworthy. He doesn’t seem to be answering the prayers you’re praying to give birth. He’s quiet most times while you watch others celebrating their arrivals of their bundles of joy. How are we supposed to trust a God like that?

Your emotions can begin to get the best of you while you wait, if you allow them to. What has helped me tremendously on this journey is to remember that God’s trustworthiness is not confined to what’s going on, or not going on, inside my womb. His track record is not solely about my journey to fertility. You see, trust is very rarely attributed to what’s going on in our present circumstances. It’s almost always built on a history of consistent faithfulness. If I deem God to not be worthy of my trust because of the isolated event known as “infertility”, what does that mean for all of the other times that He’s shown Himself to be exactly who He claims to be? Does my desire to have a child override the goodness of God? If I question that I would have to question the legitimacy of my salvation. Am I really going to Heaven if God doesn’t allow me to get pregnant and give birth in the way I planned? When I start put my trust, or lack of trust, for God into perspective it helps me to trust Him more. If I can trust Him with my soul, surely I can trust Him with my womb.

Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.


On days when trust is fading and you’re thinking that God is not faithful to His word, remind yourself of everything else you’ve trusted Him with.  The desire to take your future children’s livelihood into your hands speaks to your foundation of trust in your relationship with God. Waiting for His instruction, His direction, and His peace can only come from trusting in His plan for your life and theirs. Ask yourself, do you trust God at His word even when it’s not coming true in the way you think it should?

With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts