Coming Soon

Getting to the point where you transfer your only viable embryo is such an exciting, terrifying moment.

Watching my husband get dressed in scrubs while my mother tagged along was a beautiful mess. I wanted to cry, laugh, scream, run, stay, pray, and everything in between. I hadn’t expected to have so many differing emotions going into that moment. I wanted so badly to feel confident and sure, but I didn’t. I was a weepy mess. As we walked into the quiet procedure room, I walked in front of the Assisting Resident and the back of my gown flew open to both of our surprise. I realized that I was putting too much pressure on myself when I wasn’t even the one in control. Who knew that baring my behind would bring me so much peace? I would have done it a lot sooner if I had any inkling.
We will share more about our amazing team of doctors as we continue our journey but let’s just say that our doctors were the difference makers for us.

Transfer day was a lot less painful and time-consuming than retrieval day. I rested and enjoyed the next few days. But our favorite thing to do was around the corner: more waiting. But this time we were waiting for THE answer. The answer we had been waiting so many years, months, days, weeks, seconds to hear. We went out of town, intentionally, so we could give each other whatever we needed no matter what the answer was. Those next few days were some of the deepest moments of worship I have ever experienced because I decided: whatever the doctor said wouldn’t change the sovereignty or promises of God.

A yes from the doctor wouldn’t be the only thing to prove the faithfulness of God. A no from the doctor wouldn’t mean that God failed. Moving forward with In Vitro wasn’t solely about getting pregnant or having a baby, it was being obedient in removing God from the box I had placed Him in years ago. I let people convince me that science was bad, and God hated science and what people did with it. My own ideals about how God worked prevented us from this moment before now. But you know what? I don’t regret any of that because it brought us to this beautiful moment of waiting. Waiting in peace on God’s timing and His will for our lives, His way.

Luke 1:37-38 ESV
37 For nothing will be impossible with God.” 38 And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

When I tell you we waited, we WAITED! By the time the nurse called me, their office had been closed an hour and a half. Even when she hadn’t called, and I knew they were closed, we continued to wait. Without trying to call them, without panicking, we waited.

We waited to hear her say: YOU’RE HSG POSITIVE!!

That means, I'M PREGNANT!

I was driving when she called and immediately pulled over to worship, to be grateful, thankful, and humble myself before the Lord. For every time I questioned His timing, I repented. And even in that moment when there were so many questions about what do moving forward, I was grateful that God let me experience new life in my body. I didn’t know what the future would hold, but I knew that I was hearing something I never thought was possible.


Baby Truscott is due Summer 2018, and the Mr. and I want to share our journey with you via blog and vlog, so we would love for you to continue this journey with us on FB live and YouTube. We will be sharing more details as we get geared up for that.



With All My Love,
 Mrs. Truscott

Comments

  1. Amazing story...thank you for allowing us to share this special journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is full of joy reading this ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the Truscotts. Godspeed, and more grace to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts