Silent Seasons



A few months before our daughter was born, I definitely entered that “nesting” phase where all I wanted to do was get the house (and our family) ready for her arrival. I scaled back on my workload and I took a sabbatical from serving in ministry. I needed all my free time to focus on the new life that would see be part of our daily activities. Since I had never carried a child to full-term, I was a little nervous to ensure everything was in its proper place. This nesting phase was fun and expected.

But what I didn’t expect is that my focus wouldn’t just shift during the “nesting” phase. I had no idea how much my focus would shift during this season of my life. If I’m honest, I thought I would have a baby and pick right back where I left off. That very little would change, unless I wanted it to. It was irresponsible for me to think that life would go back to “normal” once my maternity leave ended. But that has been the furthest thing from the truth.

If anything, we’re establishing our new normal. Everything is different. Nothing is the same. And I couldn’t be happier about it.

As I’ve prayed through these past 17 months, I realize my focus has shifted and I’m in more of a silent season than I’ve ever been in for. At first, I was a little depressed that I didn’t have as much to say about things that impacted women and those that follow Christ. I had become so accustomed to tending to my husband, my work, and my calling outside of the home. I’ve had more time to spend mentoring women, leaders, and anyone else who needed the gifts God placed inside of me.

Now, it’s not that my heart doesn’t still burn for those groups of people, but my perspective has shifted on how I can affect change in those areas. This doesn’t mean I’ve giving up, but I can clearly see that the two young ladies that I am raising is where my ministry has to be grounded. There’s no going back to how things “used to be” because I have to be focused on what God is doing right in front of me. It’s my daily worship to God in how I mother my miracles that has my attention right now.

Becoming pregnant after years of waiting for God to fulfill His promises was such a high of emotions. I don’t want to get caught up in the normalcy of the miraculous and miss my calling to our girls.

So, if I seem more quiet than usual (this is my first blog of 2019), it’s not because I’ve forgotten those of you that read. It’s because I’ve been entrenched in living out the messages that I’ve taught for so long. In my silent season.


I do want you to know that I will be writing more on this platform from a diverse arena of topics: being a Coach’s wife, mother, ministry leader, friend, daughter, sister, etc. because as the title eludes to….life is greater than the game.

With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts