Life as a Wife

On July 21, 2007 I became a wife for the second time (explanation coming in another post). People told me that being married would be like nothing I had ever experienced before, but that was an understatement.

I was never one of those little girls that dreamed about being married. I used to dream that I would be single, driving a convertible red Mercedes Benz, with an adopted baby. My desire was not to be married, it was to be happy. This may have been because my childhood was not filled with the best examples of successful marriages. Although my parents were married, there were several dysfunctional things in our household. As young women, we were taught by our elders that submission was allowing a man to walk all over you. This was because submission was never fully explained to them so they were at a loss when teaching us. I rebelled against the idea of submitting to a man.

After a series of unsuccessful, unfulfilled relationships I asked God to purify me as I desired a deeper relationship with Him. I took a discipleship class at my church that taught me the true role of a wife and my duties as a single woman. During the course of this class, I realized that I did have a deep desire to be married that was buried inside of me. I allowed God to work on me without any distractions. I placed an "Under Construction" sign on my life to let potential suitors know that I was off-limits until God revealed who my husband would be. God revealed him when I least expected it, wrapped in a package that would have been hidden from my former self.

When I became his wife, my world changed. I realized what it meant to love someone more than you love yourself. I had spent my entire life living "me"-centered and had never focused on serving someone else. Being married has taught me humility, servitude, and best of all: how to submit. I have learned not just how to submit to my husband, but also how to fully submit to God. That is the key in all successful marriages, we have to first submit to the God that we cannot see before we can submit to the man that He has sent to us!

With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

  1. Been going through some rough times lately... Love problems, been lied and the one I gave my heart to, broke it like it was a piece of glass. The only one helping me to move on is God, praying helps so much, I lay my head down at night and I feel peace, even if during the day I was upset or I cried. I was blessed to meet and amazing couple who showed me the real meaning of a relationship and what a marriage is all about.
    I know one day I'll meet the man who'll make me feel loved and who'll deserve my love.
    God works in mysterious ways, I have faith in his timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has perfect timing and His plan is more than we can wrap our minds around. So thankful that you are allowing Him to love you and show you the way you are supposed to be loved. To God be the glory.
      I am blessed that you took the time to read and comment on this post.

      Delete
    2. It's been a blessing to me to be in touch with women like you, read what you have to say and learn something from this.

      Delete
  2. It's so true! Isn't it amazing how when we think about submission to God we never picture a scene of dominance but rather one of love. As we submit to God we are trusting that He loves us (which He does), that He wants the best for us (which is definitely true), and instead of forcing His way upon us He gently leads us, walking the path with us. It's the same with a spouse, we trust he loves us and wants the best for us. We trust his counsel as he seeks to do the will of God and follow Jesus Christ. And he walks the path with us side by side. It's a partnership full of love and trust. Just like our relationship with Jesus Christ is. It's a beautiful thing and I am happy to hear of other happy, loving, faithful marriages :) I follow Shineka's blog and saw she posted yours on Facebook and had to take a look. You both have beautiful testimonies of God and life and I'm grateful for the examples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on this post. I am truly thankful for those that are striving to live their lives for Christ, whether single or married. It is a rarity and I am just trying to encourage those that may be discouraged by the statistics they see. Shineka is definitely Heaven-sent and glad to see she is spreading that joy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts