My First Husband

I was married before I got married, but I never got a divorce. I was a wife before I married my husband. As strange as these statements are, they are the truth. I am a firm believer in preparation in all that I do. I prepare the schedule for my day so that I can stay on track throughout the day. I planned my wedding for a year and a half before I walked down the aisle, so that I could ensure that everything was “perfect” for my special day. However, there is something that is much more important than anything else I prepare for. In order to prepare myself to be a wife, I had to get married to God.

In the previous post, I informed you that I did not have a desire to be married. But God had other plans for me! I was regularly attending church service every Sunday and sometimes on Wednesday nights for Bible Study but I wanted more. I would sit in church and feel tears welling in my eyes or my pulse increasing as the Word of God was preached, but I couldn’t understand why. I had attended that church since I was 14 years old, went to children’s church (which was so much fun) but had never experienced a true connection with God. In God’s perfect timing my church began to offer a year-long discipleship program.

As I began to attend the monthly classes with other young women, I began to learn more about God and His love for me. An unconditional love like I had never imagined or thought I deserved. A God that did not keep a record of my wrongs, mistakes, or shortcoming. A God that would love me even though I did not yet know how to love Him.  Jeremiah 3:14 says “Return, faithless people,” declares the LORD, “for I am your husband. I will choose you—one from a town and two from a clan—and bring you to Zion”. He chose to love me and accept me as His bride, just the way that I was.

During that year, I became married to my Creator and desired only to please Him. I submitted to all that He asked of me and commanded me to do. I trusted the decisions that He made for my life, even though sometimes I did not agree. I offered my opinions to Him if the opportunity was presented. I praised Him and blessed Him every chance I got. He made me a wife to prepare to be a wife to my earthly husband. My heart was changed during that year to see that God desired for me to be a helpmate to a man that He had specifically created for me. His unconditional love for me is demonstrated on a daily basis as I look at my husband and think about what I could have missed out on had I not been married to my 1st husband!!!
With All My Love,

Mrs. Truscott

Comments

  1. Wow Chante, this is a really powerful post. I feel like I am currently in that developmental stage, and I’m just enjoying learning more about God and about myself- it's a beautiful thing to see myself as I grow and change. I also am extremely excited about the day that I will meet the man that I will one day marry :) Until that time, I am content on learning and becoming more!

    Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you love and thank you for all of your support. I think a large struggle for some of us is accepting that we are in a developmental stage. The relationship between you and God is a mirror image of the relationship between you and your earthly husband. Kudos to you for "waiting" the right way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Truscott continue to let our Awesome Creator use you..Having that relationship with GOD first is so important! My pastor always say "God has to get rid of the fake, so HE can fill you with the real." Asking GOD to get rid of all the fakeness in my life has been an eye opening experience. Ladies I want to encourage you, Be real with God first. Then we can be real with our husbands and anyone else GOD sends our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine-
    Your words truly mean the world to me. I am so blessed to have people in my life that challenge me to be real with God at all times. I love you more than words can say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts