Thankful


In America, we celebrate Thanksgiving this week. This is a time that we come together with our families, friends, and other loved ones and we share quality time and great food. Sometimes we even have the opportunity to go serve others that may not be afforded these same luxuries. It’s a time to be thankful and grateful for who God is and what He’s done. We can sit around our tables overflowing with delicious food, watching football, and putting up our Christmas decorations.

A tradition in my family is to bless the food we are about to receive and then each person in attendance says what they’re thankful for. It’s something I always look forward to before we eat together but I started thinking about the things we always say. Things like “good health, family, friends, love, and being together today” are a common theme. But this year, we won’t be spending this day with our family. Not because we’re overseas, but because we’ve started a new chapter in our lives and the hubby’s coaching schedule is just too tight to permit a trip home. This has given me time to think about what I’m really thankful for since I don’t have my family right in front of me. They are my obvious choices but there are so many things I can’t see that I am thankful for.

I’m grateful that God loved me even when I didn’t love Him back. I’m thankful that God saw my heart even when I tried to hide it from Him. My heart is full because although I was unfaithful to Him for so long, He still saw fit to fit me to a man that would love me as He does. I’m giving thanks that although my body hasn’t given birth to a child, that God allowed me to marry someone that would not only give me his last name but would allow me to help him raise his child. I appreciate God for allowing my heart to be broken by the counterfeit so I could have a greater appreciation for how healing real love is. I praise God because He rescued me from my broken self and gave me beauty for the ashes of my messed up life. It is because of the Lord I was forced to look at the ugliness of my heart so He could give me a heart of flesh. God’s goodness took a promiscuous girl who used her body to get attention to a wife who values herself. He graced me with an opportunity to see the power in submission even though it took me years to figure out how to submit to Him. It’s because of the love of God that I realized that I was beautiful no matter what other people said because I have been created in His image. I rejoice in God that He has not forgotten me even though I made decisions without Him time and time again. The love that God has for me took my negative perception of myself and gave me a confidence that rests in Him, not man.  Who God says I am doesn’t condemn me because of my past but it chooses me in spite of that same shattered past. Anticipation for my future rests in His promises for me even though I broke my promises to Him time and time again. I give Him thanks that He didn’t allow my husband to leave me because of my inability to be a wife after God’s heart. I am persuaded that God went to hell for me and rescued my soul back from a home I was destined for.

I AM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE GOD WITH THE REST OF MY LIFE!

So, I ask, as you celebrate Thanksgiving this week…what are you thankful for?

With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts