Unrecognizable

Fashion and beauty trends change on a regular basis and we all try to hastily keep up with the latest and greatest. Most women like to change their appearance every once and a while. I know I do! I frequently change my hairstyle and every blue moon I may even throw on some makeup. The most interesting part about that is that sometimes I can change my look so much that even those that are closest to me will not recognize me until I open my mouth. As a matter of fact, I was so dolled up in my wedding photos that my own husband had to take a close look to see that it was actually a photograph of me. (Don’t judge him). It’s almost as if the changes I have made sometimes mask who I really am. Our pasts can have the same effect on our futures.
As women who are being groomed for their earthly husbands, we must be careful that we do not make ourselves unrecognizable to our future husbands. God is preparing a man specifically for you and he will be attracted to a specific type of woman. Your job is to make sure that you are the type of woman that he will be looking for. Your “waiting period” is the time to make yourself recognizable to your soul mate. The emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual scars that you demonstrate can cloud who you truly are.  Spending time with imitations of who your true husband is leaves a residue that your real husband will be repelled by.  The same spirits that you are giving off are the same ones that you will attract. This is not only true of intimate relationships but also friendships. Although you may be single right now, you may be harboring past hurts and resentment that will not allow your true husband to recognize you.
In the same way that my makeup and new hairstyles masked my looks, faking your way through life will only place a Band-Aid on the problems without actually healing you. There is only one way to truly be healed and made whole for the one that is being prepared for you. Psalm 147:3 tells us that “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up all their wounds” (New International Version).  God wants to heal you because He desires for you to be a whole person that will be able to give Him the glory for rescuing you from your darkness. You must wholeheartedly ask God to forgive you for any sins that you may have committed and then you must forgive yourself and others. All of us make mistakes, do things we are not proud of, and have relationships with people that are not suited for us. The problem lies in remaining in those relationships and tied to those people or situations. The longer it takes for you to relinquish the things that bind you, the longer it will take for your healing to take place.
Other than the unrealistic expectations that we have for our mate, holding on to things that never belonged to us is the greatest stumbling block to achieving the relationship of our destiny. The truth of the matter is that God created you for someone else so that the two of you could do something great for Him. If you and that person never come together, there are things that will never happen during this lifetime. So, it would be a huge loss for the world if your future husband never recognized you because of your resistance to change. Now is the time to let go of that dead-end relationship, to abandon any negative thoughts about yourself, and to remove anything that is keeping you from achieving your God-given potential. You have an assignment as a woman married to God that leads into your assignment as a woman married to your earthly husband. Don’t miss out on your purpose because your past has placed too much makeup on your face!


With All My Love,
 Mrs. Truscott

Comments

  1. wow..this article is very inspiring.it speaks to me on so many levels..thank u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that God was able to reach you where you are. He will always send something you can relate to as long as you are open to hearing. Please come back to see more of what He wants to share with you through me. Peace and Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts