Waiting Game


I like to play games! I enjoy the thrill of competition and the race to the finish line. As a family, we frequently play dominoes, cards, and various board games and we thoroughly enjoy ourselves. But one game I’m not a fan of is the “Waiting Game”!

I know that God keeps every promise He makes. He is faithful and His love never fails. I can trust in that because that’s based on who He is and not who I am. But what God never said is that He will fulfill those promises in a certain time frame.

And it’s the waiting that tests my faith!

The promises that He makes us are not based on how good we are, it’s because of how good He is that He desires to be in covenant with us. His promises are covenants just like ours are to Him. But I recently realized that His covenant is not just the thing or situation that He promised, it’s also what happens in the meantime.

Isaiah 40:31 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint”.

Those of us who are waiting on God, have another promise during the “Waiting Game”. We will continuously become stronger in Him. We will be able to soar above our circumstances and attitudes. And we will never give up.

What we learn in the waiting is how to truly trust God. It’s not enough to talk the talk, but you have to walk the walk. We have the tendency to try to make things happen when God already has told us what the end result will be.

If we understand that God knows best, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES, it helps us focus on what we can learn during the process. In my waiting is when I learned how to worship God from a deep place. I knew He wanted to draw me closer to Him. But I was spending so much time, just “waiting” for what He said to happen. I didn’t realize that the longer I just waited, the longer I would be waiting.

See, the key is not whether it will happen or not. Because IF God said it, then it will. What matters is what you do while it’s in process. Every “waiting room” is not the same because we are not all waiting for the same things to happen. Some are waiting for jobs, others for spouses, some deliverance & healing, and others even waiting for children. But we can all come together and worship God while we wait.

The fact that you have a promise to wait for is enough to just praise God.

When you decide that you are going to bake a cake, you don’t stare at the ingredients and the oven waiting for the cake to get done. There is work to be done to take the raw materials to an edible product. Putting those things together is what happens when you go from promise to purpose. DO SOMETHING!

And there is only one thing to do: worship!

***This week’s devotional gives you a more detailed look into our instructions for waiting***

With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts