The Truth Hurts

The Truth Hurts
                Many times you have heard people say “tell me the truth and let me make my own decision”. I have been one of those people on more than one occasion. I always pride myself on being able to handle whatever someone throws at me, as long as it’s the truth. One of my biggest pet peeves is being lied to, partly because I feel that it is an insult to my intelligence to be told something that is contrary to the truth. When you are dishonest with me, I feel you are saying “you are not smart enough to know that I am being deceitful right now”. Whenever the truth comes to surface, because it always does, I am more hurt that I was not trusted enough to handle it. But what happens when you have become happy with the lie?
                I am firm believer that a lie is always to protect the liar and not the person being lied to. There are times when the lie has been going on so long, that the truth will now be devastating to the person who has been lied to. This is where people get confused, they believe that because they have been dishonest for so long that the truth is what is hurtful. You see, that is what the enemy wants us to believe. That is the furthest thing from being correct. The untruth is still the root of the problem. Had the fib never been told, the devastation could have been avoided. When we commit sins or transgressions against someone else they are consequences to our actions and most of the time we don’t want to “face the music”. This is when the decision is made to protect ourselves.
                Lies are like a flesh eating bacteria. They start on the inside and are not easily detected. People build their lives on the lies that someone else has told them. They are unaware that what they have come to know as the truth is the total opposite. Unbeknownst to them, they are living a lie. The liar is now faced with the guilt of seeing how “happy” the other person is based on the untruth they have told. But John 8:32 tells us “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (NIV)”. Dishonesty keeps everyone involved in bondage to the enemy.
                Satan’s playground is the darkness of lies. He is known as the Father of Lies. As Christians we must be careful to fall into this trap and become one of his children, either by telling lies or living in the comfort of them. God cannot heal or take control of any area of your life that remains shrouded in the darkness of lies. God will not pervert justice with the fruit of lies, the truth will always prevail. Become comfortable with living in truth at all times. We must deal with each other in truth and love, no matter how much the truth hurts. We can rest in the fact that love heals all wounds so telling the truth should become a way of life. If you love someone you must tell them the truth.
With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts