Place Your Bets

I’m not a person that gambles, typically, but this is a sure-fire bet I am willing to make. I’m placing all of my eggs in one basket and I’m taking a chance on a guarantee that I will win. The odds are in my favor. I have done all of my research and there is no way that I can lose. No one could discourage me from putting all that I have into this bet. My family and friends will even benefit from this risk I am so willing to take. What is this win-win bet you ask?Salvation. Totally giving my life to Christ is a sure-fire win for me and those connected to me. His Word tells me that I will gain everything in the world by following the example that has been set before me. Psalm 2:8 says “Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance, the whole earth as your possession”. I gain so much by giving so little to Him. All that He asks is that I surrender myself to Him and trust the plans that He has for my life. When I put all of my chips in with the hand I am dealt, I am telling God that I will walk according to the rules He has set before me. So, in actuality I do not have to gamble because I am receiving an inheritance from God. An inheritance is something a parent intentionally sets aside for the child. He already planned to give me all of these good things. Yes, there are some things that I cannot do as a Christian but when I look at what I gain, those things pale in comparison. As a believer, I have an indescribable joy that cannot be extinguished by any human being. That doesn’t mean that I will not have bad times in my life or experience illness, loss, suffering, financial trouble, or marital struggles. But I can see the silver lining in every dark cloud, I can see the lessons that I must learn while going through those difficult situations, I will be able to help my friends and family get through the tough times in their lives.But some may say “I would be better off without giving up all of the fun things in my life and not believing in this God that cannot see”. These are the individuals that may see their lives as being as good as they can get. Nothing could add to their lives and they surely wouldn’t want to take anything away. They experience ups and downs in life just like I do. The go through illness, loss, suffering, financial trouble, and marital struggles. So why would they want to believe what I believe? Hebrews 3:18-19 provides the answer: 18 “And to whom was God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter his rest? Wasn’t it the people who disobeyed him? 19 So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter his rest”.  That is the difference between believers and unbelievers. I can cast all of my cares upon the Lord and enter into his rest and those who do not believe are stuck carrying their burdens on their own. And because believers and unbelievers live in the same world, those burdens are sure to come. The real gamble is this: What do I lose by believing in something that may not exist? Nothing. I can only gain by believing in a God that may not be real. But what about NOT believing in a God that does exist? You can only lose if I am right, is that a gamble you are willing to take?

With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts