Reflections of Me



There are times when I feel the tug of the Holy Spirit pushing me to do something. I will see someone with a need to hear an encouraging word, a hug, or prayer. God has given me a heart for His people and when I see someone in distress I cannot help but to reach out to them. Recently, God gave me a glaring opportunity to share of His goodness and I jumped at the opportunity. But God had more planned than I thought. I originally just provided an encouraging word but He was not satisfied with that, He wanted more of me. He wanted me to pray with those that did not know of His goodness and mercy. Although I was nervous, I was obedient to His word. I prayed for God to have His will and for them to give up control to Him in a tough situation. I felt the move of God and the Holy Spirit brought something to my attention on the way home. God had definitely instructed my prayer for them but He was talking to me about my own struggles.
I have always been a planner. I meticulously planned my wedding in hopes that I would be stress-free on that day. Before I travel, I make a list of everything I will need for the entire season so I know what I need to purchase. When I am working on my school work, I make a learning plan for the week. I like to live my life on a schedule and it has worked for me just fine in the past. But God interrupted my life and He is completely taking over. I thought I had completely surrendered myself to Him and His will for my life. But after praying for someone else, I realized that I was holding some things back from God. I had a list of plans for the summer and if God allowed certain things to happen, I knew what He would have me to do. I even had a list of backup plans of what God might do; I was prepared for that as well. I didn’t realize it at the time but I had superimposed my will over the will of God. I was trying to fit God into my little bubble of what He could do. All the while, I could see where others had not surrendered to God.
The Holy Spirit caused me to look at myself in their situation. God has made promises to me but I did not trust His plan, that’s why I had my own. What He was giving me to minister to someone else was actually for ME the entire time. God has never failed me before and I knew He wasn’t about to start. The plans I have for myself and my family are so tiny in comparison to what God is going to do. I just have to walk in all that He has already said and rely on Him having the best intentions for me. My motives for planning are always good, but that’s not good enough. I don’t struggle with some sins like others, but my lack of trust in God is just as bad…if not worse. I had to take a hard look in the mirror and truly reflect on my walk with Christ.
If there are times that you find yourself planning without consulting God, you must take a moment and give your plans to Him. God will not place in a situation where you will be worse off than before. Everything that He has planned for us is more than we can even wrap our minds around. Romans 8:28 is what needs to be on repeat for you: 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. This is a guarantee from God. All things will work together for our good, whether they are in our plans or not!

With All My Love,
 Mrs. Truscott

Comments

Popular Posts