New Covenant



I recently made a drastic change to my appearance. I changed the way I viewed beauty. I cut off what I held onto for so long. I let go of the hair I treasured so much and embraced the newness of the woman God created me to. But most of all, I entered into a new covenant with God.

When God wants to do something new, it starts with a cut. A cutting away of flesh, a cutting off of water, a break in the communication with His people. (Genesis 17:12)

If you want something new, you will have to go through a cutting process.

It won’t always be in the natural, like my haircut, but it’s a guarantee in the spiritual. Everything that we see on earth has already happened in the spiritual first. My haircut was a culmination of what God had done in the spirit.

I spent the majority of my life with one impression of beauty. This impression was always attached to the fact that beauty and long hair was synonymous. I didn’t think that short was automatically ugly, but I gave long hair the upper hand. A large part of that was because long hair masked some of the undesirable features that I wanted to cover on my face.

This was not how I felt about other women; it was how I viewed myself. I always wanted to have long hair because as a child, I never did. After my third year of college, I decided to “grow my hair out”. I never talked to anyone about my obsession with long hair, I just made sure only my ends were trimmed so that I could achieve the length I wanted.

When I felt my hair was not growing at the pace I expected, I started getting extensions. I loved them and couldn’t live without them. I only felt beautiful when I had long hair, which eventually meant not wearing my real hair. What should have been an addition had become my identity.

But God began to change my heart.

He whispered so softly into my ear, “Strip everything away, I just want you. You are beautiful just the way I made you”. I was trying to cover up who God made me to be with my ideas of who I thought I should be and what I should like look.

God told me there was no way I could effectively minister to women when I had not embraced who I was. I had gotten the hang of things in the spirit, but the natural had not caught up.

So, I made a new covenant with God

I agreed to let Him expose my weaknesses and turn them into my strengths. I cut off my old way of thinking and embraced who I am.

I have never felt more free to be myself than I do at this moment. I love my hair, but more importantly, I love myself. I am beautiful. I am who God says I am.

What do you need to cut away to start fresh with God?


With All My Love,
Mrs. Truscott

Comments

  1. Great post! Every time that I check out something new that you have written, it always ministers to me with what I am going through or experiencing at the moment. It's so amazing :). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is always right on time with His inspiration. Glad to continue to be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts